December is my favourite month of the year. This will be no surprise for those that know me; I’m a Celeb is on TV each night, Christmas for me is the most wonderful time of the year and we have time for reflection and contentment.
Why Is It A Time To Reflect?
December marks the end of the year. The 12th Chapter in the 2019 story of your life. Some tend to find December is so full of content, you can sit back and reflect on the year that has just passed.
This year has been a crazy one for me. So much has happened. Here is what has changed in my life;
- Friendships. As usual, friends have come and gone in my life. One was a close one too- this hurt so much to begin with but now I realise that it happened for a reason. The friendship had ran its course, and I wouldn’t have time for it in my life now. Some friends I see and speak to less, as life has gotten hectic for us but the love and admiration for them is still there. And I have welcomed some incredible new friendships into my life. Those that have been there for me this year, I have to thank. They have made this year joyous and given me some amazing memories. I now see the importance of just letting people go.
- Family. Unfortunately at the start of this year, I lost my Uncle. I still miss him so much. I still wish I had gotten to say goodbye. But this year I gained a new nephew and he is so adorable. I have also been given the chance to spend some quality time with my other nephew, whom I love as if he was mine.
- Work. I started off the year feeling lost in terms of work and what I was meant to be doing with my life. I was finishing off a course and I just felt a massive amount of anxiety when it came to work. Now, I am embarking on my self-employment journey. It’s tougher than I ever imagined, but I don’t feel lost anymore. I feel excited.
- My Attitude. I have always been a bit of a mug, to put it bluntly. Whereas now, I am trying to develop a stronger attitude to things. To not be a doormat anymore.
- Mental Health and Anxiety. I started the year off still seeing a counsellor weekly. That finished in February and since then I have strived to keep learning about mental health and anxiety. I have kept pushing myself. Now I can look back and see the important journey that I went on. I feel so much better. I still have the odd bad day, but on the whole I feel like I am finally kicking anxiety’s butt.
- Health. I still could do with losing some weight but I have been making sure that I take care of my health as best as possible.
- Priorities. I can gladly now say, that I have changed my priorities in life. I now no longer put people first when they would never do the same for me. I am fully focused on my family and my work. On the good friends that have stuck by me through it all. It’s refreshing to know my priorities are in the right order now.
Accepting The Future’s Fate.
When it comes to looking forward, I know that it will continue to change. I like to think that this year I have finally accepted this notion. That change happens all around us, all of the time.
Instead of fearing change in the future, I am going to try and embrace it. I see now that it is inevitable, I can’t resist it from happening anymore. I have always been a firm believer that everything happens a reason, so it’s best to just go with the flow. This is why it’s important to accept the fate of the future. To let things be. So looking into the future, into 2020, I know things will change again. But this time, instead of resisting, I am going to have faith that it’s all for the right reasons. It helps me to keep travelling down my life’s journey.
Being Content and Mindful
A huge achievement in life is to feel contentment. Mindfulness can be the tool to help you achieve this. Mindfulness makes you focus on the here and the now. You direct your thoughts into the present moment, rather than dwelling on the past, or fretting about the future.
Since I started reading up on mindfulness, I realised how powerful the mind is and why our thought processes work the way that they do. That is why I highly suggest giving mindfulness a go to anyone that is wanting to live in the moment more. My aim for 2020 is to practise mindfulness properly again and to see its full benefits.
Merry Christmas To You All
I just wanted to take this time to thank you for following my blog and my journey with anxiety. I hope that this blog has helped people out there, giving you some help and hope. I hope that you have a great festive period and enjoy the last of 2019.
Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year To You All.
The next instalment of this blog will be early 2020- so keep an eye out! Until then, take care.